Friday, January 20, 2012

The Waiting Game

It's not really a game. It's more like a daily panic attack and freak out which concludes with me mumbling angrily and impatiently to myself about Disney taking too damn long. Every day.

It's probably going to be worse after I actually apply and I'm waiting for my decision. Hahahaha no. It's definitely going to be worse. If I'm pended and have to wait for three months, I'll most likely spiral into a psychotic oblivion and die. Maybe. I'll keep you updated on that.

I'm still on winter break. Classes don't start until Monday, January 30th, and I'm moving back into my dorm on the 28th or 29th or whenever I decide to buy a bus ticket. So I'm hoping I can get every part of the application and interview process over with by the time I have to start class. Because, let's face it, I can only focus on one thing at a time. And it's going to come down to Disney or academia, and Disney will win. Disney always wins.

So, in my perfect little universe, apps will come out today or Monday, I'll pass the WBI with flying colors immediately, and schedule my interview for, say, Wednesday. And then have absolutely nothing to worry about (except, you know, my fate) for the majority of the semester so I can kick collegiate butt. In a more perfect little universe, I will be accepted and accepted within, like, a week so I don't have to pay my nonrefundable housing deposit for next semester. Let's get on that Disney. Chop, chop. I don't wanna throw away $200 that I can be using on something like a new Floridian wardrobe (or at least a couple of new shirts).

In other news, I think the Fall 2012 Facebook group is going to singlehandedly crash the Facebook servers when applications drop. We are nothing if not completely ridiculous. I love it. But I fear my computer (and subsequently my phone... because I get a notification every time someone clicks their mouse on that page) will burst into flames with the frenzy of it all.

Because first this happened... 
A week?! Cue the mass lunacy.
    
And then this... 
The page is changing? WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?!
           



And then this...
OH! The humanity!
(PS - credit for all these pictures go to the nice kids over on the FB
group since I'm too lazy to take my own screen caps.)

So there's that. We're a little on edge. C'mon, Disney. Work with us here!

No comments:

Post a Comment