Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Thought "Costumes" Were Supposed to be Fun


I really don’t have it bad. I swear I don’t. I look at my roommates and what they have to wear every day and feel bad for complaining. But… oh, it’s bad.

The universal costume for character attendants at Walt Disney World is as follows:


I don’t mind the shirt so much. If you can’t see, it has Mickey heads embroidered in the fabric very lightly, blue on blue. The fabric is a little clingy, but I don’t sweat that much in it, so it’s fine. I hate being buttoned up, and life would be so much better if I could pop that top button, but my trainer told me on Day 1 that I couldn’t, so… yeah. Too much cleavage for Disney, I guess.

They’re tucked into pleated khakis. I hate khakis. I hate khaki everything. Khaki shows every lump and bump in the world, and I have a lot of lumps and bumps. And I hate tucking in my shirt, but Disney makes me do that too. They also insist upon a big black belt to match my big black hip pack fanny pack sort of thing, and my big black truck driver sneakers.

I was going to wear the pants every day, and then I realized I was in Florida and long pants are no-gos in heat like this, so I had to brave the Bermuda shorts . I hate wearing shorts, almost as much as I hate wearing khakis. I never, ever wear them in public… but here I am, wearing them to work every day.

Socks are white with shorts and black with pants, so there’s that. And yeah… It’s not that bad… if I were a Disney themed truck driver, it would be quite cute, but since I’m not… no.
Not cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment