Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH!. WALT WAS RIGHT. DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE. #corny

All day today, everyone was posting about their acceptances in the Facebook group. And my e-mail inbox was empty. Concentrating in class was impossible. Concentrating on homework was impossible. Concentrating on drinking a cup of coffee was impossible. But no one had been accepted for BBB or character attendant yet, so I was hoping they were doing everything by role.

Then, sitting in the coffee shop in my school's library with my friend, at 4:08 p.m., the light on my Blackberry began to flash. And then the RIGHT e-mail inbox was highlighted on my display. And then I opened my inbox to see an e-mail from wdw.college.recruiting and it said "Congratulations" in the subject line and right there... right in the middle of the coffee shop in the middle of my university's library, I screamed.

My friend grabbed my phone from me and read the e-mail before I did. I logged onto my computer and opened it on a full screen. It was so beautiful. It was all purple and pretty and amazing.


Looooook! Isn't it cutteeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

So there it was... on the first day of Fall 2012 acceptances, exactly two weeks from my phone interview date, I was accepted to the Disney College Program.

What's wrong with this picture, though? There's no role here. Disney is doing things differently this year. They're putting a link to your role offer/session offer/pay in the bottom of your e-mail. You have to log in through your new hire portal in order to retrieve all that information.

But in grand Emily fashion, my new hire portal is not functioning. So I'm in! I am! I am! But I don't know when I'm going... or what I'm doing... yet. I spent about a half hour on the phone with recruiting and they told me they were going to fix the issue (it was a glitch in my dashboard... new system, new problems) and resend my acceptance e-mail within 48 hours. I'm going to wait 24, and then I'm going to go crazy.

UPDATE: FEBRUARY 9, 2012, 9:30 AM:

I woke up to my second congratulations e-mail this morning. I HAVE A ROLE! I'll be a CHARACTER ATTENDANT cast member for the FALL 2012 Walt Disney World College Program season! I COULD NOT BE MORE ECSTATIC!


It's TRUE!


While BBB was my first role choice, as a character attendant, I am now in the entertainment division of the company. More so, I'm making the entertainment happen, meaning I'm in production. I'll be able to put Entertainment Production Intern for the Walt Disney Company on my resume, which will help me exponentially in my career. I'll also get to be in the parks, moving around, having interaction with guests of all types from all over the world and introducing children to their heros. My recruiter knew what she was doing, and if I ever get to meet her, I will thank her forever.

This is going to be the experience of a lifetime. I know I will make lifelong friends. I know I will gain valuable work experience. And I know, without a doubt, that I will discover so much about myself and have the time of my life.

I'll be arriving on August 20, 2012 and departing on January 4, 2013. My family is more excited than I am. My mother already booked the Sunspree across the street from Vista Way and our flights to Orlando (yeah, we're flying) for check-in. I'll be arriving in Orlando on August 18.

I can't believe this is actually happening! I can't believe it's FINALLY MY TURN! And of course, I'll be keeping you all updated every step of the way.

1 comment: